Welcome to Carolina Senior Sports
The 2021 Spring Softball Season
- Practice for Tuesday night league play starts on March 2nd and goes every Saturday and Tuesday until we start playing games on March 23rd.
- We have reserved field 4 for practice once the season starts.
- CSSL will start playing their games on March 27th.
- BOOM will start on March 4th (most likely with games).
As you enter the complex: Your temp will be taken before you enter the complex so please be prepared when you enter the park by removing your hat for us to get your temp.
- Practice social distancing at ALL times always
- Only 2-3 people in the dugout at all times
- Pick up the previous batter’s bat by the large end of the bat always
- We will NOT provide water as we have in the past
- No handshakes after the practice games
- Mask use is up to each member to decide if they want to wear a mask or not as this is considered exercising time under Gov Cooper mandates
- We strongly urge our catchers and umpires to wear mask as this is the closest people will get to one another
- Your manager will have a COVID waiver release that you must sign before you leave the field for home
- No sense in getting there too early as we have in the past as there will NOT be any pregame batting practice before the first game…..SORRY
How to be the most effective at your one hour of time: Method to use for practice on both Tuesday nights. Bat all batters 1-13 clearing the bases at every 3 outs until everyone has batted….switch out to defense….score as many runs as you can with 13 batters…The last batter just keeps running as he is the last batter.
Other Playing Opportunities –
In addition to the Carolina Senior Sports weekly Tuesday night league, the league also sponsors the following playing opportunities:
Ten teams have been organized from around the Charlotte area to play tripleheaders on eight different Saturdays during the year. Play starts in April and ends in October. Team rosters are usually formed in late March. If you are interested, we can connect you to a manager of one of these teams. Send us an email of your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have one league-wide golf tournament in September of each year. Our Golf Commissioner organizes golf outings every month. If you are interested in playing in one of our foursomes, send us an email of your interest to email@example.com.